Sunday 27 September 2009

Sunday morning



Sunshine, good coffee, yarn and the opportunity to eavesdrop other people's conversations. What more could a girl on holiday ask for?

This was my coffee stop this morning at the Watershed Arts Centre where I sat out on the terrace in the blazing Bristol sun, had breakfast and did a few more centimetres of my knitting. (In case you're wondering, I'm making a waistcoat with the yarn I got at Mcaree's in Stirling, who also sell online if you're interested!)

After that I wandered off to meet a friend of a friend who very kindly saved me from eating alone. We had a couple of really great mezze plates at the River Station restaurant, which (as the name suggests) is next to the water).

I then took the opportunity to work off lunch with a homage to my previous years in Bristol with a (longer than I remember) walk up Gloucester Road to where we used to live in Horfield. I completed the round trip by walking back to Whiteladies Road where I stopped for a beautiful pot of jasmine tea at a place I now can't remember the name of. Apparently the tea leaves were all handtied into pearls - but sadly not by the rather nice young man that served me my tea!

I was hoping to end the day with a visit to Bristol Old Vic to see 6 Characters in Search of an Author - but sadly it's not running on a Sunday, perhaps tomorrow night?

1 comment:

pomomama said...

love the yarn .... and the sunshine ..... and the coffee

am totally envious!
:)