Friday 25 September 2009

This is the life!



Day 2 in Bristol and the sun is still shining. Today I'm rediscovering Clifton and Whiteladies Road.

So far, so good!


The cafe was a nice little spot I found before heading off into the wilds of Durdham and Clifton Downs. The only place you can say, I'm up in the Downs!

I wandered around until I found the Clifton Suspension Bridge - one of Brunel's great Victorian civil engineering marvels for those of you not in the know, and a truly iconic bridge. After that I made my way down a really steep hill to Hotwells and across the Avon to CREATE, Bristol City Council's Records office and sustainability centre. From there I walked back through Bristol's industrial heritage and made my way back to Clifton Triangle, and the Berkley Square Hotel where I'm staying.

Sadly, my room hadn't finished being cleaned so I was 'forced' to pop across the road to Brown's Bar and Brasserie for a (large) glass of rose. It's a hard life, but somone has to live it!!

2 comments:

pomomama said...

currently wishing i was there!

Bex said...

That's funny! I'm wishing you were here too!!