Monday 4 January 2010

Originals




Today, not only did it stop raining, but we also took a trip out to Fort Langley, birthplace of British Columbia. It's an old trading post and settler fort, so it's the birthplace of European British Columbia. But what was good to see as well was the celebration of First Nation culture too.

In the main house there was an exhibition of First Nation dance masks like this one from the local Sto:lo people. I'll be posting more photos on my Flickr page soon and they're definitely worth a look. Along with a video clip of the wee man playing the part of 'wedding guest' at a fur trader's wedding.

And that brings us to the end me the holidays, but fortunately not the end of my holiday. Back to school/work for the boys tomorrow leaving big sis and I free for some girlie adventures. Yay!

No comments: