Wednesday 11 August 2010

On falling down



The bookmark pictured here is by the very talented Gorjuss! I bought it last year when I was supposed to be birthday or Christmas shopping (I forget which!)

Anyway, the writing on the bookmark says 'I haven't fallen down in a while' and for quite some time I'd been congratulating myself that it was true. Until last weekend that is, and then it all went a bit Pete Tong as they say!

I found myself incredibly sad, and for no reason I could work out. There was nothing particularly different. There'd been no disasters. Nobody had been cruel or thoughtless to me. But still I found myself crying my eyes out and as low as I'd been in a long time.

As you've probably gathered, I'm feeling much better now. Again, nothing has got significantly better, in fact I'm probably dealing with tougher stuff this week than last. My hormones aren't significantly better either. So what's made the difference?

To be honest, I don't know. I do know, however, that I have fantastic friends. And when I do fall down, as we all do from time to time, they're always there ready to pick me up again and make me feel good about myself.

I am truly blessed x

2 comments:

pomomama said...

i think you have to give yourself credit too for being so resilient - even when it's for the umpteenth time, and you're doing it all over again, and you're by yourself ..... i think you also have to give yourself credit that you don't give up

Bex said...

thanks big sis xxx