Wednesday 4 August 2010

T'internet

 
These days when I go online I generally have a fairly set routine. I log in, check my email, check my Facebook page, read the blogs I subscribe to, check my own blog for comments, skip by my Flickr page to see who's looking at what photos and then drop into BBC News Online to catch up on the headlines. These days I also generally check out the local preperty website to see what's for sale and I might want to go see. And that's pretty much it. I don't do much Stumbling through websites anymore - to be honest, Facebook takes up most of my surfing time one way or another.

But the other day when I was putting together my Lammas Day post for this blog and I was searching for a photograph of llamas to illustrate it with, I ended up visiting YouTube. Do you know what? I'd forgotten how much fun it was!

Not only did I find Secret Bob and his Llamas with Hats (nope, I don't know why either!) but I was also reminded of the happy discoveries of the Lego Star Wars epics, recut movie trailers, and perhaps more sedate montages. It can also be educational, enlightening, or just plain entertaining. And some are scary!

So it just goes to prove a couple of things. Every once in a while it's good to stop and smell the flowers - or stumble around the internet for a bit. And a break from routine can really be good for you!

Want to share your favourite YouTubes find?

And while I'm at it, a few other of my favourite T'internet thoughts.

My 7 year old nephew (who has only just referring to it as to the tontooter) for his birthday asked if he could get an email address and a blog. I kid you not!

A friend at work told me that her little boy asked her what the inside of a clock looked like and when she asked him how he thought they might find out, he just said, Look it up on the 'puter Mummy!

How times have changed!

1 comment:

Just Frances said...

Well, since we're sharing YouTube links, here's one I like. (Yes, I search for 'grammar' and 'language' for my YouTube kicks!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbi-NepK7vo