Friday 10 September 2010

Challenges


I confess I have mixed feelings tonight. My race number and timing chip arrived today for next weekend's 10k and while I'm excited, I'm also apprehensive.

It's my first ever proper race and so far I've only actually run 10k two times ever.

I was out for a run tonight after work but I ran out of energy (pardon the pun) really quickly and struggled to do 3.5 miles. My time was ok, but my stamina wasn't. Although to be fair, only having a small cup of soup for lunch probably didn't help.

When I first said I'd try the race my ago was to finish. Since then my friends have persuaded me that as well as aiming to finish I should be aiming for a time too.

So, ever competitive with myself, I'm hoping to finish the race in under 60 minutes. Unfortunately, my pace is just over that at the moment and isn't showing any signs of improving. I'm told the adrenaline on the day will carry me through. I'm not so sure but watch this space next Sunday and I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Just Frances said...

Yay! I'm sure race-day will find you kicking it up a notch and you'll make it in record time. I'll be rooting for you from the virtual side line! xx