Thursday 9 December 2010

On being ill


"The Land of Counterpane"

When I was sick and lay a-bed,
I had two pillows at my head,
And all my toys beside me lay
To keep me happy all the day.

And sometimes for an hour or so
I watched my leaden soldiers go,
With different uniforms and drills,
Among the bed-clothes, through the hills;

And sometimes sent my ships in fleets
All up and down among the sheets;
Or brought my trees and houses out,
And planted cities all about.

I was the giant great and still
That sits upon the pillow-hill,
And sees before him, dale and plain,
The pleasant land of counterpane.

 
Sadly being ill as an adult isn't anywhere near as much fun, particularly when you have to get all your own treats, meals, necessities etc. 
 
 
But you'll be pleased to hear I'm feeling much better now. I even managed to get outside today - and see the Ice Palace that I'm living in at the moment!! A little bit more progress everyday, by the weekend I might even be able to make it up town for a coffee and some gentle Christmas shopping. 

Finally, a big thanks to all my family and friends for rallying round while I was ill - both virtual and real rallying equally appreciated and cherished!!

1 comment:

pomomama said...

I'm doing this today - soemthing's turned my gut into a rapid transit system = not nice :(