Saturday 14 May 2011

Summer's here


Or at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself with a healthy salad for supper. But to be honest, there's not much sign of it at the moment.

It's often said that Scotland has two seasons - June and the rest of the year. Well, I think we had June in April this year and it's now reverted back to winter. Cold and wet has been the order for this week. And after the glorious weather we had at the end of last month it's really not on. Having cast our collective clouts when the May blossom came out, we're all rushing to throw them back on again, with a few jumpers for extra measure too.

But I remain hopeful. I'll keep eating my salads and optimistically wearing my summer clothes, and who knows maybe the sun will remember to come back again.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: